Thursday, March 30, 2006

ONCE I WAS THE KING OF SPAIN



After that day of working the land in our front yard, I realized that my rightful place was in the house, in my room, on my throne.

Despite my apparent lack of masonry skillz, I have not relinquished my desire to learn. In fact, I have been quite busy working on a few more basic, and perhaps more importantly, baby appropriate moves.

Feat Number One: Lifting my head. May not seem like a big deal to you, but to me, it is a major demonstration of muscular strength. Check this out! (Oh, and by the way, no jokes please about my combover. Mom was just trying something out that she saw on Blow Out.)


Feat Number Two: Sitting up straight. This takes even more muscle control. I have found, like with most things I suppose, when I don't think about it - I am better off. See below where I am distracted by my signature move - "the chewing of the hand". Not too bad at sitting on my throne, eh?

Alas, as you see below, once I am conscious of the fact that I am trying to sit up straight ... errr, not so much success. I take heart in the fact that I am still a week shy of my four month birthday, so I will merely strive to sustain my motor skillz development.

Timber!

P.S. To answer your question Aunt Meggers, bowhunting is on the agenda for my fifth month.

**Shout out to my Moxy Fruvous peeps.

3 comments:

Megs said...

Oh, Benny, but you'll never eat humble pie! And someday we'll find you a beautiful wife, Queen Lisa. Hooray for Fru!

Anonymous said...

Sorry your mom watches Blow Out. Even more sorry she takes it out on you. GF

Anonymous said...

And here i never thought i'd meet the other 10 people who listened to Moxy Fruvous! No humble pie for you though!

Actually - timber looks like you're bustin' a move - practicing those skillz too?