Wednesday, March 15, 2006

HANGING WITH COUSIN MERIN

What a FUN WEEKEND! We drove down to D.C. this weekend to spend some quality time with my cousin Merin before our newest little cousin arrives. Dad and Uncle John did a little bit of home improvement work but mostly, we had FUN! It was a great opportunity for me to get to bond with Cousin Merin and it was also a great opportunity for her to test out being a big sister. Whenever I fussed, she would say "Baby Ben cry. Don't cry Baby Ben." She was so good playing with me and being generous with me. From all accounts, she is going to be A GREAT BIG SISTER! She was so sweet and loving with me. Check it out.


Cousin Merin showing me how to play in the exersaucer. We took it out to see if I was ready for it. I found it quite enjoyable (with a blanket surrounding me) after Merin showed me how each and every toy worked (twice). In fact, I think that she may have had more fun playing with it than me. Ha! :-)



Cousin Merin checking out my baby belly. Merin was giving me tips on how to grow it to its fullest potential. "Stay close to Mommy and make sure you get enough boob every day! Eat til you fall off!" It is my mantra now!


Yankee fans of all ages unite! Since she was my age, Cousin Merin has been sleeping with Derek Jeter. That is, the Derek Jeter teddy bear that you see in her hand. And as you can see, I am in my very favorite Yankees sleeper. Merin is a little more jubilant because she's got Derek Jeter in her hand. I am more befuddled because I am still trying to ponder having Johnny Damon playing in centerfield. What the?

At the end of our trip, Cousin Merin and I were positive that we would be buddies forever.

No comments: