Saturday, March 18, 2006

LIVING THE SUBURBAN DREAM


Ahhh, it was so nice to wake up in my cozy crib this morning after my crazy New York City day yesterday! Psych!


Actually, this morning I woke up in a rare fussy mood. Maybe I didn't sleep well because of my crazy busy day on Thursday. I got up a little earlier than Dad did ... so Mom brought me down for some quality time with him. Dad was still sleeping when I got there, so I just laid there and thought a little bit.


After my visit to Manhattan, I was struck by how busy it was there and how daunting the hustle and bustle seemed to me. I pondered a little about the meaning of life and the whole rat race that was life in the big city. What was the purpose of all that commotion and madness? I wondered what it was going to be like driving in and out of the city every day! I was going to be a bona fide "Bridge and Tunnel Baby" - Yikes! No wonder I woke up cranky this morning! That was a lot for me to take in yesterday. I had a lot to think about.


Eventually, Dad begrudgingly abandoned the bed and got ready for work. When he got out of the shower and saw that I was still thinking about the whole big city livin' thing - he picked me up and comforted me by telling me that I was only three months old and that by the time I was six months old, I would be twice my current age and more than prepared for the daily commute into the city. Even though I was dubious, I was still comforted by his presence.

Too bad he had to go to work ... in that concrete jungle.

No comments: