As you all know, Mom has been staying home with me for the past three months. We're at the half-way point, and before you know it, she'll be back at work. (Don't worry - I am going to be at a daycare center a mere two blocks from her office. I expect Uncle Chad will be doing surprise inspections of the daycare staff to ensure that I am being taken care of properly. After all, isn't that what any GF would do?)
I digress.
Well, I was thinking the other day about what I'll miss most about being at home with Mom when she goes back to work. I think the toughest thing for me is going to be "shopping withdrawal." You see, to combat her boredom of being home, Mom and I go shopping almost every day! One of our favorite things are our Fridays with Aunt Gena. (Very different from Tuesdays with Morrie!) Aunt G-Doll has Fridays off, so we have been able to have a few GREAT excursions with her since we've been home. From a shopping trip to a plaza in Edgewater and lunch at PF Chang's, to chilling at her house and then walking around Lil' Calcutta with her in my stroller, to our most recent excursion to Melo Park Mall and Wegmans ... we always have a GREAT time!! In fact, today, we are making a trip down to Summit to visit her at work and shop in her work 'hood. Hoorah!

You know about all of my trips to the grocery store. It's gotten so that the people at ShopRite know me and comment about my development. I'd like to take a moment now and give a shout out to my peeps at the Brookdale ShopRite! "What Up Homies!"


Anyway, in the meantime, Mom and I will continue to spend our time together strolling through all of the great avenues of commerce in the tri-state area ... and beyond! We are heading out to Chicago for Passover next month. I am sure Aunt Linda and Uncle Jeff have some fabulous shopping excursion in them! I will keep you informed of my trip to the home of Marshall Fields.

4 comments:
Just think of all the Friday's we have left, and how much more there is to see!!!!
:-)
I predict your mom will pull you out of day care at least 3 times a week and you will end up in my office to hide from ST. GF
Or you could end up in Buffalo!!!
Are you comparing my son to a Kate Spade bag binge?
Post a Comment