
It was 74 degrees today in Bloomfield. 74 degrees! Are you kidding me? It's March 10th! It's supposed to be cold. Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. Not at all. But, really people. Am I supposed to be able to dine al fresco in New Jersey on March 10th? Please, everyone. Stop using those cans of aerosol. Stop those cows from passing gas! Stop destroying the rain forests! Start buying hybrid vehicles! This global warming thing is for real! As lovely as it was for Mom and Uncle Chad to be able to have a leisurely lunch outside at a restaurant on Church Street today ... the fact that they were able to is just plain wrong! Mom has already told me stories about how cold it used to be in Tonawanda in March back when she was growing up. How she had to walk uphill both ways to get to her classes in Ithaca. How she would have to duck into buildings on the Arts Quad at Cornell just to defrost her nostrils so she could breathe. How could things have changed so much, so quickly? If this continues, we'll all be living in the Island of Kansas by the time I am ready to go to college and frankly, no offense Uncle Chad, I don't want to be a Jayhawk. (Go Big Red!)
Anyway, off my soapbox. Today, Mom and Uncle Chad took me to Montclair to hang out. We took advantage of the glorious, yet unnatural, weather by spending time outside walking around town. We had lunch, window shopped, bought non-sprinkled baked goods (delish!), bought wine at a new wine shop in town, went to a book store and stopped off at Mom's hair salon so she could show me off to the Blow Out wanna-bes there. All in all, a real good time. Thanks for schlepping out GF!


Okay, we are off to D.C. this weekend to visit my cousin Merin ... and the rest of the family. I'll give you a full report when I return. Hopefully I will continue to be the awesome little traveler that Mom and Dad have counted on. Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
Notice the look on Ben's face..."lay off the hat and quit crampin my style, yo." Sorry B.
Also notice that mom is (a) carrying Ben, and (b) pushing the baby cart. What kinda jerk doesn't lend a helping hand???
Maybe next year we'll hit Vegas for March Madness. GF
A tomato hat? I don't think I ever saw anything so cute!
Again though, do I detect a theme here between Baby Ben and supermarkets....(the food hat) ;-)
Post a Comment