Friday, March 17, 2006

BEN AND THE CITY

So, I headed off into the city today. As you can see, I was a little bit nervous of what it would be like as we headed out of my suburban comfort zone.

Here is my new home away from home. Looks like I'll have 7 new friends when I start in June. Sigh. Mom tried to be cool - but she couldn't help being all nosey and pokey by interrogating all the parents as they came in to pick up their kids. Glowing reviews and big thumbs up ... so, that was a relief. We'll see how it goes.


After going to the daycare, we hung out with Uncle Bao and Uncle Steve at John's Pizzeria. Yup, in the middle of the theater district with all of those tourists that Mom hates. Ha! My fussing at dinner is good payback for their loitering on the sidewalks of the city!


Then, we strolled over to the parking lot where we'll be driving to every day. It's only two blocks from the daycare, so I won't be exposed to too much mid-town madness. If we take Ninth Avenue down, then we can avoid the walk down Eighth which icludes a peep show, three Starbucks, a store which sells fake poop, a comedy club, and, oh yeah, worst of all, more tourists!!!

I was even a hit at the parking lot! The attendants remembered Mom from when she was pregnant and driving in every morning, so they were pretty excited to see me. Or so, I think they were excited. My Spanish is a little rusty. Gotta catch up on some Dora when I am allowed to watch TV.



Finally, back home again. Ahh, home sweet home. Mom kept saying how amazed she was at how quickly you get acclimated to a certain pace of life. She's only been home for three months, but heading into the city was a little daunting. Compared to NYC, our street feels like Wisteria Lane! I guess it'll help me appreciate it more while I am living the cushy suburban life. It was a pretty fun visit, but by the end of the night - I was pretty pooped.

No comments: