Monday, June 05, 2006

MY FIRST DAY

So, you know, today was my first day of daycare. Like my first day outfit? I was going for baby, but big boy. What do you think?

I wasn't too nervous, but Mom was. So, she did what any mom would do. She made brownies at midnight. (Nice mixer huh? Her son and husband must really love her to get her something like that!)

I wasn't really too worried, but I did manage to work out a little nervous energy with a jaunt in my Exersaucer.

Dad loaded me up in the car and we headed into the city. It only took 45 minutes door to door. Not too bad. Mom and Dad enjoyed flax seed smoothies courtesy of the blender that Cousins Merin and Lillie sent us. I chilled in the car the whole way in, eventually falling asleep in the last five minutes ...

Which led to me being a little bit groggy when we got to the parking garage. I perked up though on the two block walk to the daycare. I loved looking around at all the noise and the people. It was verrrrry stimulating!

Dad carried me into daycare. Who looks more nervous?

Miss Gail and I hit it off immediately.

She showed me that not only were there a ton of new toys for me to play with - but - WOW! They have the EXACT SAME EXERSAUCER AND GYMINI that I have at home. WHOOHOO!!! I was going to be just fine!

Two blocks away at O'Melveny & Myers' New York offices, Mom might not have been faring as well. Uh, Mom, do you really think you are going to forget what I look in one day? What's with all the pictures? Nice job decorating her office Uncle Chad! I guess now I understand why she's always taking pictures!

At the end of the day when Mom came to pick me up, I was just chillin' in my new favorite chair. She'd already come to visit me during lunch (I know Ba Di Ut, you told her not to, but she just couldn't help it! Don't worry - I didn't cry either time that Mom left. Mom on the otherhand cannot claim the same ...)

Miss Gail told Mom that I did GREAT for my first day of daycare. Crying was minimal. I had two great naps. I ate like a champ. Miss Gail and both of my teachers said that I was a real "smiley and happy baby with a great personality" - I think they liked me!

Oh, and I can't believe I failed to mention ... I have a girlfriend! She's an older woman (10 months old) so I have to make the moves quick. I only have two months to woo her before she moves to the next room. If anybody has any advice on how I can win her heart, let me know. I already tried to "stop short" with her when we were swinging next to each other, but that didn't go over too well. ;-)

Mom and I headed back to the parking lot where I contemplated all the changes that were happening in my life. Today was my first day of daycare and my last day of being five months old. Tomorrow, I become a six month old. So much has changed.


But despite all the changes, I know that things are also the same. Mom and Dad hung out with me tonight when we got home. Dad gave me a bath and read to me before he put me to bed. Mom fed me and made me giggle while we hung out together. It is all good. I guess Mom'll just have to get used to changes with me - cause they are gonna keep on happening. And that is a good thing. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a champion you are Ben! Somehow I KNEW all the teachers would love you....who wouldn't?!?
:-)
XO