Tuesday, June 06, 2006

HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Today is my six month birthday! Man oh man oh man! I can't believe how much time flies! Six months ago, Mom and Dad were chillin' out at Mountainside Hospital. Di Ut and Ba Ngoai had flown in and done their version of "The Amazing Race" from Buffalo to JFK to Jersey. Aunt Julie and Uncle John drove up I-95 a mere two days after making the trek up to the Jerz to help Mom and Dad out with my room.

Six months ago - Mom still had a baby belly even though she had already delivered me! Six months ago, Dad was sleep deprived (some things don't change!). Six months ago, I only ate and slept and minorly cried and made little whimpers.

Things change! Now, instead of spending 24/7 with Mom at home, I am at daycare with Gail and Tanya and another very nice woman whose name Mom can never remember. (Sorry Lady!) Instead of just sleeping and lying in a lump - I roll, I smile, I laugh, I blow raspberries, I work at sitting up (with a little assistance), I Exersaucer, I bounce, I eat solid foods, I burp without being burped.

Dad says that when I was born, I was really cute. Now he says that I am really really cute. Even though I was personable when I was born, now he can see that I am a happy kid who is able to express his happiness.



Mom says that the biggest difference is that when I was born she saw how beautiful and cute and smart I would be. Now she says that all of that potential is being realized. (Man, they are being so nice, I feel like blushing!) Now, I have the ability to show how happy and smiley and friendly I am. I really love being around people and now I can show how much I like them. It makes both Mom and Dad happy.

Oh ... did they mention the fact that I sleep nine to ten hours through the night is a big difference too? :-)


HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Anyway, not only was today my half birthday, but it was also my second day of daycare. Here are some highlights.

I hung out for the first part of my commute into the city.



But then eventually I fell asleep.


GF was supposed to come visit me, but he was too busy being a high priced lawyer with his dorky headset - so he went to Connecticut instead. Some GF!


But it didn't really matter because when Mom came to visit me, I was sleeping anyway. She got the scoop about what was going on with me though - Tanya told her all about how Ismene (my girlfriend) and I were hanging out in two Exersaucers together. At one point, we were even talking to each other and rubbing foreheads! What is up with that?!! Like my "baby moves"?




Mom came to pick me up at the end of the day. She got to see me in action with my new buddies. Everyone said that I am soooo smiley. I love looking at the other kids. I smile and laugh with them all day. They said I didn't cry much at all and that I was a real pleasure! :-) It made Mom proud and happy!

We went to pick Dad up down in Chelsea and ran into his co-worker Christa. At first it was cool that we got to hang out with her. I met "Stan" - her little bundle to be. We had a good time hanging out on Seventh Avenue.


But then, I just wanted to get home! I mean, come on! We've been in the city all day. Let's go home and celebrate my Half Birthday in style - some milk, a bath, a book, and some sleep. Good night!

Update: The third lady in the room is Maria.

1 comment:

Me said...

Happy 6 Months! Time sure flies. It is very nice of you to let mommy and daddy sleep, they really are much more pleasant when they get their sleep...parents in general I mean ;)