Friday, June 02, 2006

HOT CHILD IN THE SUBURBS


So, you might know that we had somewhat of a heat and humidity wave going on here in the Jerz. As a result, Mom has had to be very creative finding ways to keep me cool and un-cranky.




First, she tried the good old swing. Perhaps the breeze created through swinging would be good enough.



While I definitely chilled out in the swing, didn't keep me cool enough.




Then she went for wardrobe functionality.



I would like to state for the record that I am wearing these sleeveless jobs in an effort to stay cool - not to show off my totally buff triceps. :-)




Eventually, she ditched the clothes all together and left me hanging in my diaper with a bottle of ice water.



In desperation, she broke out my bath toys and stuck me in the kitchen sink at home. She figured it worked in Buffalo, so maybe it could work here. It did! I loved it!!



Did a few toe touchs to keep my ever-growing belly in check.



But eventually, I felt a little cramped in the sink as you can imagine ... (after all, I will be six months old in a few days. Speaking of which, a shout out to my Lillie. Happy One Month Birthday Lillie Mirela!!)



So, Mom went out and bought a little pool for me! It's totally cool cause it's shaped like a car and when I grow older, we can also use it as a sand box.



I laided out poolside (in the shade) while Mom put the finishing touches on my cool watery heaven.


Once I got into the pool, it was like bath time again. Me and my buddy the turtle.

Me and my delicious buddy the dolphin. Yummmm, who needs tuna?

Finally, the ultimate cool, roomy and relaxing activity for a hot and humid day in New Jersey. Awesome.


1 comment:

Me said...

Great pool Ben! Isn't swimming the best....uh I mean sitting in the pool the best. The arm to leg coordination...not quite there yet.
Have a great first day at daycare! I am sure you will make lots of friends.