Sunday, June 18, 2006

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY

A moment to honor the most important man in my life - my dad. I can't believe how lucky I am to have a dad who loves me and takes such good care of me and Mom.

Already, in the last six and a half months, I have experienced a world of firsts with him. Here we are the first time he held me in the hospital right after I was born. Even all bundled up, you could see how happy and proud he was to be a dad.

This is my first time on a plane. Dad made sure that I was calm, cool and collected. (He couldn't really do much about Mom though. :-))


Dad took me on my first slide down a roller slide and a regular slide. Wheeee!!!!



Yup, and Dad gave me a lift for my first ride on a swing as well! The g-forces were a little strong, but I knew I was safe with him.

Good times at the park. We look like father and son, huh?

Here we are at my first major league baseball game. I was rooting for the White Sox since we were in Chicago. (But really I was thinking "Go Yanks!")

Dad has also been an integral part of my gastronomical education. Here he is strapping me up for my first trip to Amazing Hot Dogs.

Here we are at Harolds' where Dad introduced me to my first (and HUGEST) pastrami reuben. Delish!!

Since Dad had to go back to work right after I was born, he has been pretty tired for the past six and a half months. But he always makes time for me in the morning if I am feeling fussy or if Mom needs a couple more zzzzz's. (Of course, if she really needed more zz's, why isn't she sleeping instead of snapping all of these pictures!)

Not only is Dad a huge part of my eating, sleeping and playing experiences, but he also was there for my first Passover seder.

Here's a crowd favorite - Dad surviving my first big spit up.

But he was the person who gave me my first bottle too.

Basically, Dad has been there through everything for me. I couldn't have been luckier having a father who loves me, cares about me, thinks about me and does everything in his power to make my life good. For someone who is learning on the job (and it is a real trial by fire!), he has been doing a great job. I guess it is because he loves me. You can see it in his eyes when he looks at me. (see below) Hopefully, he knows how much I love him too. Thanks Dad! I appreciate everything that you have done for me.

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY!!!

I LOVE YOU!








No comments: