Thursday, June 01, 2006

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY!!!

Well, Mom is just trying to cram as much into her last week of maternity leave as she possibly can! It feels like just yesterday that we were roadtripping from our visit with Ong Ba Ngoai and Di Duong Ut in Buffalo. We got home and on Wednesday, Mom and I hopped back in the car and we took a drive down I-95. Now, I know you all think that a trip down I-95 means a visit to Cousin Merin's house, but you are wrong! We stopped short and instead, made a day trip to Delaware. Aunt Earlene and Uncle Paul are down there in their beautiful house in the woods. It used to be much more rural - Mom has fond memories of picking berries down there and going crabbing.

Amazingly, it has been almost TWO YEARS since she was last down there!!! (She made a pit stop there after her trip to Vietnam on her way down to Tallahassee to meet Dad, errr, I mean, to work on the Kerry campaign.) Things have changed a ton since she was last there - developments are popping up like crazy, the highways have totally been built up and the population density has probably quadrupled in their town. But some things never change - Mom got lost getting out there like she always does! Dad - get her a nav system will you??? Geesh!


It was worth the ride down there to get to hang with Uncle Paul. He was looking and feeling better than he had in a long time. We played and I even blew raspberries at him. I think that Uncle Paul was impressed with my aggressive rolling technique!



Aunt Earlene held me like a pro. Check me out - I'm napping in Delaware! How many babies can say that they have done that? Thanks for a yummy lunch (well, I had bananas, but the subs and watermelon that the folks with teeth had looked real good!). I'm glad we made the trip down to visit. We'll have to bring Dad next time so he can chill on your deck, and if Mom's bursitis gets better, she can weed the garden like last time! :-)

No comments: