EIGHT MONTH CHECK-UP

Yes. For those of you counting, I am a mere week away from my nine month birthday. Nonetheless, due to some unfortunate circumstances at work, Mom had to cancel my original eight month check-up appointment. It was rescheduled for yesterday. Here I am chillin' in the waiting room trying earnestly to engage anyone who would look at me while I shook my rattle around, blew raspberries, and chuckled in an overly dramatic fashion. Nothing. No takers. Oh well. Maybe everyone was at the doctor's office because they were feeling sick.

Anyway, so, here are the vital statistics - Length: 28 inches. Weight: 18 lbs. 12 oz. (Don't be fooled by the photo - 18.12 was the final score). Not bad. Oh, and to answer your question - No. Mom and Dad have no idea what percentile that is. "Every child develops differently". Instead, they are hanging their hat on the fact that Dr. Rigtrup told Mom that he was very pleased with my development.

Well, Dr. Rigtrup gave me the green light on eating almost anything that Mom asked him about - meat? Yes. Cheese? Yes. Pasta? Yes. I know. I know. Still have to stay away from honey, nuts, chocolate and whatnot. I guess chocolate covered Honey Nut Cheerios are not in my future.

Despite that, I can't wait to chomp on everything! Speaking of chomping ... Dr. Rigtrup even checked out my tooth that is coming in. YES!!! That is right. After all of these months of endless drooling, FINALLY, one of my teeth is coming in!

If you are facing me, it is my bottom left tooth in the front. See?
Mom is very pleased that I haven't really been cranky or anything associated with the tooth. Phew! My shots of it later as the tooth grows in. Pretty cool huh? It's about time!!!!
4 comments:
18 lbs! I don't even remember when I was 18 lbs (prob. a week after I was born ;) Yay on moving up the food chain, now they have no excuse to hold out on the steak! BBQ chicken is really good too!
We are teething together, I feel your pain!
Mmm, chocolate-covered honey nut cheerios sound delicious! Don't worry, Ben, I will eat them for you until you are old enough to have some.
I miss you, buddy! Glad to see you are doing so well! Keep growing those chompers.
Megan
I'll miss you while I'm away! I'm sure by the time I get back you'll have had a steak dinner or something... ;-)
chocolate covered honey-nut cheerios actually do sound really good. Maybe you've just come up with a new product idea for your mom. License it to Kraft food and retire young?
Post a Comment