Monday, February 20, 2006

WOW! MY FIRST TRIP TO BUFFALO
On Saturday morning, Mom and Dad packed up the car and we headed to Buffalo for my first trip to Ong Ba Ngoai's house! I couldn't wait to see everyone. I was going to head over to Di Duong Ut's house for the first time too! I knew I was going to have a great week long visit --- I just had no idea just how great it was going to be! Boy, were we in for a surprise!

This is me packed up in the car as we headed across the NYS Thruway. Man! I am lucky that they remembered to pack me in the car. I can't believe that Mom even thought that she was going to be able to fly up there. We would have had to rent a charter flight in order to bring up all of the gear that she packed! Can you even find me? I feel like Waldo in this picture!

They are slowly addressing the issue though. A permanent crib is being purchased to be kept at Ong Ba Ngoai's house so that Mom and Dad don't have to lug something for me to sleep in every time they make the schlep up to Buffalo. And who knows? Before you know it, maybe Di & Duong Ut will be needing something for naptime over at Ong Ba Ngoai's too! ;-)


If I don't say so myself, I was a very good boy for the whole trip. All in all, it took us about seven and a half hours to drive up. That included two stops for me to eat. Hey! I am a growing boy afterall! How do you think I got to be 13 lbs in just two and a half months? I'm no Barry Bonds!

I was so good. I slept almost the entire drive up to Buffalo. Finally, in the last twenty minutes, I'd had enough of being stuck in that carseat staring at the dumb Whoozit in front of me! I wanted out!!! Luckily, we arrived in Buffalo just in time. Once I got there, I was treated like a king. Ong Ba Ngoai snatched me from Mom and Dad and started to spoil me!

In fact, Mom and Dad had dinner with Ong Ba Ngoai and then went out bowling with Di Duong Ut! I had two of the best babysitters I could have asked for!

Ba Ngoai fed me my bottle.

Ong Ngoai changed my diaper.

And I slept like the proverbial baby! What a great start to my visit. Wait til you hear what happened next!

1 comment:

Megs said...

Hey! I bought you that dumb Whoozit, young man!

I miss you, Benjamino, but I'm so glad you're having fun with your family in Buffalo.