Wednesday, February 15, 2006

GROCERY HI-JINKS


We can't help it. Mom and I love going to the grocery store. All of the little old men who work in the produce department know us well. We have favorite cashiers and favorite check-out lines. We have a favorite route to walk there and a favorite way to carry the shopping basket on my stroller too. You see, we walk there. The local ShopRite is about half a mile away. Just close enough that it is a no-brainer to walk there. Sometimes Mom and I need to get out of the house, but we don't feel like "the whole carseat into car, drive to location, carseat out of car, stroller, go to store, carseat back in car, stroller back in car, drive back home" routine. On those occasions, walking to ShopRite is the perfect solution. Or, like today - when we go for a walk in the park or the neighborhood, it is an easy thing to add to the end of the walk if I have fallen asleep.

Today, we went for our first post-snow storm walk. It was about 55 degrees outside, sunshiney and just glorious! So, we walked around our neighborhood today. Mom was scoping out different landscaping ideas for the front of the house. You see, the shrub people are coming tomorrow to pull out all the shrubs and cut down all of the oppressive trees in the backyard! Hoorah! Now I'll have room to run free back there (yeah, I know I am getting ahead of myself since I can barely lift my head up for longer than 30 seconds!). Anyway, we walked around the neighborhood and went to the grocery store.

Here I am by the milk and eggs.



Here I am in the check out aisle. If the pictures seem a little askew (despite the fact that it is a picture from our BRAND NEW CAMERA), it is because Mom took the pictures on the sly again. She's embarassed to be photo-documenting in such mundane places, yet she can't help herself!



I was a really great kid while we were out at the grocery store. I like looking at all the people. I also make my mom laugh because she talks to me in the grocery store and narrates what she is buying or what she is looking for. Sometimes she will describe something she is buying and what she plans on cooking, and as if on cue, I start licking my lips and start drooling. What can I say? I am the child of two people who love food!



1 comment:

Megs said...

Benjamino! I miss you, buddy. And I love love love the photo of you by the milk and eggs.... I wonder if your mom can get me a copy for my office?