TWO MONTH CHECK-UP
Well, I went in for my two month check-up yesterday. Originally, Mom was excited to go in just go get an accurate height and weight update. That excitement quickly subsided though when she realized that this visit also included getting my next series of shots! :-( Poor Baby Ben. I had a great visit up until the shots. First I got weighed (as you see from the picture above). I weighed in at a hearty 13 lbs 5.2 oz! Dr. Rigtrup said that I was growing at a very healthy pace. I also now am 23 inches long (tall). Hoorah! Dr. Rigtrup is very cool. He made me giggle. He checked me out and deemed me a beautiful healthy baby boy! YEAH! I really like him a lot.
After Dr. Rigtrup gave me my clean bill of health, I got a visit from one of the nurses in the office. She did a good job of reassuring me and Mom and then ... she administered two shots for me.
I took the first one like a champ. I just had a bit of a confused look on my face. The second one though --- whoa Nelly! I blew the roof off the top of the house when she stuck me the second time! :-( Poor Baby Ben. I cried and cried. Check out my battle wounds.
But after a dose of Baby Tylenol, I felt a little bit better.

It was good to get a big thumbs up from Dr. Rigtrup about how healthy I was. I guess shots are just part of taking care of my health. I'm looking forward to seeing Dr. R in the office on my next visit - but I'll be honest, I am not looking forward to more shots. And for those Ben-ites out there, no worries. I am doing fine today. Mom and I are going to the NJ Home & Garden Show today to check out more landscaping ideas (and, don't tell Dad, we're also looking ideas for the in-home renovation as well - especially the Master Bedroom Suite).
Tomorrow we leave for Buffalo. I'll be checking in from there. No worries! Wish me luck on our long road trip!!!
xoxo
Ben





No comments:
Post a Comment