Friday, February 17, 2006

WEST COAST IN THE HOUSE!


**Mom's sweater is puffing out - she's not really that chubby still! I know she looks like I have a little brother or sister along the way, but she wanted me to put a disclaimer in the post.


What an exciting day yesterday was! Not only did I go on my secret reconnaissance mission to ShopRite, not only did all those crazy overgrown shrubs get pulled out from our house, but Cau Canh came to visit me! He lives in Northern California with my two cuzs - Tyler & Trevor (and Aunt Doan). He was out east on a business trip and drove all the way up to visit us from central Jersey after a long day of work.

Unfortunately for him, I was a bit cranky yesterday. I had my two month shots and had a little bit of a fever and both of my little ham hock legs were sore (I'll post about that visit a bit later). So, he got "Cranky Benjamin" - we tried to hang out together, but I was too fussy with my tender legs. Despite the fact that Cau Canh has two little boys at home himself (who I hope to play hoops with when we head out to Cali for a family visit someday), he couldn't handle me as a Crankmeister! See below. It started out all cool and Cau Canh tried to pose for a picture but I didn't look. Then I started to cry and Cau Canh tried to make me laugh. That didn't work and then he had to get up and start bouncing me --- but somehow, that agitated me even more!

Eventually, Mom had to step in and sooth me in the way that only a mother can.

Despite the crankiness, we had a great visit with him. In traditional Vietnamese style, we talked and talked into the night. Finally, he had to back down in Central Jersey since he had an early meeting the next morning. Hopefully he was still on PST since he probably got to bed at 2:30 in the morning!!! Thanks for visiting Cau Canh! Hopefully business keeps you coming out to the east coast often!

No comments: