While I was out in Chicago, I took to a trip down memory lane with Dad. We went to Lambs Farm which is a non-profit organization which provides adults with developmental disabilities with an environment where they work, learn life skills, and live independently. Dad used to go with Aunt Erin and Grandma "back in the day" when it was only a pet shop. Now it is a full-blown community on 72 acres with shops, attractions, a carousel, and a ton of animals. I would say I had a lot of fun at the sights ... but to be honest, I slept the whole time. Luckily, I think Cousin Emma and Cousin Elliot had enough fun for all of us!
Here I am at the beginning of the outing.

Obviously, the ducks didn't impress me so much. But, the goats and sheep were pretty cool. So cool in fact, Emma and Elliot wanted to go inside the pen to pet and groom them. Dad and Aunt Erin chaperoned. It started off as a pretty routine interaction with Emma grooming a sheep (which is pretty cool cause she is really into sheep right now).

But then, animals started to get a little worked up. Cousin Elliot got a kiss from a sheep.
Then Dad tried to get some food to feed the goats. Big mistake Dad! Looks like something from late night television: When Goats Go Wild!

After all that excitement, Dad and Grandma Lo decided to take a break.
*Please note that Dad is wearing a different shirt. Yup, those goats got him good! His "Ithaca is Gorges" t-shirt turned into an "Ithaca is Grody" shirt! Luckily, Grandma Lo discovered that Lambs Farm also has a thrift shop. Nice new shirt Dad.

Here I am at the end of the outing. Emma and Elliot had a good time. I had a good nap!
1 comment:
LOVED the goat picture. Too funny!
Post a Comment