
Normally when I go to the park by our house with Mom, we just walk around. Once in a while, if she gets tuckered out and I am awake, she'll stop by the playground and I'll watch kids playing. It's a little bit frustrating because frankly, all I can do is watch. You might recall that we went to the playground with Cousin Merin and that was fun watching her dig around in the dirt.
Well, on this trip to Chicago, I had a much more fulfilling trip to the playground. Cousins Emma and Elliot led the way to the Tot-Lot by their house. Poor Aunt Erin. That is a whole lot of kid to push uphill! Perhaps they ought to lower it so that kids can help with the locomotion of stroller - a la Fred Flintstone.

Once we got to the playground, Dad strapped me into the Baby Bjorn (while Grandma Lo looked on to ensure that I was safe). I needed to be out of the stroller so that I could participate! Emma and Elliot made it look like so much fun!

Cousin Elliot went down the slide ...

... so I went down the slide. It was my first time and whooo! It was fun!

Cousin Emma was a champ on the swing ...

So, I had Dad take me on the swing! Of course, I wasn't as cool as she was. She pumped her legs and kept that swing going on her own! I was just along for the ride with Dad.

Eventually though, I was worn out. Mom and Dad took me back to Aunt Erin and Uncle Noel's place and I took a nap. What a fun adventure! Maybe the next time we go there together, I'll be able to run around!
No comments:
Post a Comment