Tuesday, April 18, 2006

BEN TAKES FLIGHT

So, last week marked my first trip on an airplane. Mom and Dad were nervous. As you may recall, I was supposed to fly up to Buffalo in February when I was 10 weeks old, but Mom chickened out at the last minute. That trip involved flying up with Dad, but flying back on her own. Seems like it was probably a good idea. When we saw Aunt Annie this weekend, she advised Mom against traveling alone for a while based on her own personal experience. "Don't do it. It's really hard. Actually. Embarassing. It was embarassing." Nice.



So, this trip wasn't so bad. There was a schlep out to LaGuardia on Wednesday morning. Not too bad. Then we had to check our bags and get through security. Here I am at my first security check point. Went without a hitch.

We waited in the airport and Dad kept me entertained.




We got on the plane. We had the whole row to ourselves. So, I stretched out.

In fact, I even sat in my seat between Mom and Dad.


Dad and I played games on the plane.


And Mom let me sit in her lap a bit so that I could look out the window at the clouds. Pretty cool.



All in all, it was a good trip. The woman in front of me complimented me on how well behaved I was. I slept for most of the trip actually. I think Mom and Dad were more stressed than I was. My ears hurt me a bit going up, but I just ate and then I fell asleep.

The trip back was even better. There was a bit of squwacking in the beginning of the trip, but then I slept. I also slept through the landing! Sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a nice first plane ride! I'm glad it went so smooth for mom and dad's sake!
Love,
Heidi