Thursday, October 26, 2006

THE DAY THE CIRCUS CAME TO TOWN

Yeah! Today is circus day! Mom's office has a special O'Melveny and Myers night at the Big Apple Circus every year. It's pretty awesome. They are a non-profit circus which uses the proceeds from their shows to help fund other non-profits with a focus on kids.


I was so excited for "The Big Top" that I practiced my clapping on the drive into school.


On orders from Mommy, they made sure I got a good long nap before she came to pick me up. Where's Ben?

Ta-Da! Here I am! (I even like to play peek-a-boo when I am sleeping!)

Here we are - off to the circus!! Dad is soooo excited!

When we first got there, I became an honorary clown! :-) How cute am I?

It was so much fun getting to spend the evening at the circus with Mom and Dad! I was so good during the whole show! I sat in Mom or Dad's lap and clapped my hands, watched the lights, the children around us, and occasionally, I even watched the action going on in the ring.

Here are a few of my favorite acts. The dogs. They were soooooo cute!

And the ponies! Mom and Dad really loved the French dude, Grandma, and the wacky Asians. In fact, they liked them so much, they didn't take pictures!

But the circus acts weren't the only great things about being there! I also got to hang with a bunch of my buddies! Here is my girl Becca with her Daddy, Uncle Pete. Becca REALLY enjoyed the circus, laughing and clapping along.

And here is gal pal Grace. We come from different fashion schools of thought. I dressed in jammies for the circus (I had a wardrobe change during intermission). Miss Grace got all dressed up in a pretty little flowered number for the occasion. I must say, she did look very pretty. (A shout out to my peeps Mina and Jordan who didn't get to come thanks to good old FedEx! Booo! Rest assured, Grace and I tried to take it all in for you. We'll give you the scoop for next year.)

And it wasn't just kids we got to hang with - here's Aunt Rocky! Can't believe we didn't get her ROCK of an engagement ring in the shot. Congratulations on your recent engagement Aunt ROCK!

Also representing the OMM Labor Group was Aunt DJ! She only made it for the second half and therefore we didn't get good photo-op time, but trust me when I tell you, she is very pretty even though I'll acknowledge, this picture turned out kinda creepy.

Alas, all good things must come to an end - and so the circus did.

I slept the whole ride home (so I missed when we drove next to Uncle Pete and Aunt Emma on Route 3 - weird, huh?). Only 364 more days until next year's Circus Day ...

I can't wait.

4 comments:

Samson and Grace said...

WOW....looks like you had fun at the Big Top Circus...you ALWAYS have fun no matter where you go Benny!

Me said...

I have got to get to the circus! That looked like tons of fun..and we love the monkey outfit, CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun Ben! The picture of you napping in your little "napping thing" really shows what a big boy you are getting to be! I can't believe how much you've grown!

Ben & Jake said...

Aunt Heidi-

I really think you should come and visit me so that my mom can school you on some baby vocabulary - such as the correct term for the "napping thing"! LOL!! You are so cute and I can't wait to see you and Odie at Christmas - I hope we'll get to hang. I promise I won't cry this time.

xo
Baby Ben