
So, while certainly, Gramma Lo came out to visit me (duh!), but, there was something else on her agenda for this trip...
We were going to .....

It was totally cool! Mom loved it because she got to go be a groupie for her favorite poet - former U.S. Poet Laureate Billy Collins! (She likes him so much, she and Dad bought 30 of his CDs to distribute to their friends just to "spread the arts"!!) Click here to get access to free downloads of him reading his poetry - it's awesome!

I mostly hung out on the outside of the tents. Afterall, I still have my uncontrollable Baby Pterodactyl screechs which aren't so appropriate for poetry readings. (No worries. I totally got to listen to all of the readings.)

Anyway, it turned out to be a beautiful day, despite threats of thunderstorms and hail.
Though I missed sitting in the tent for his reading, I managed to get in line for a book signing.

Billy Collins signed a copy of his latest book - The Trouble with Poetry just for me! Awesome! A picture with him and a signed book. What a great souvenir!!
Too bad I couldn't repay him with a smile when he tried to get me to laugh by "getting my nose." I told him to keep his day job as I prefered his humor in his prose rather than kooky kid tricks. Me thinks Mr. Collins was disappointed.

Don't mistake my reticence to bestow a smile or a laugh on Mr. Billy Collins as any indication of the fun that I had at the Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival. I had a great time and didn't want to go home (especially knowing that Mom would be leaving for Pittsburgh once again on Sunday night).
THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME GRAMMA LO!

No comments:
Post a Comment