Wednesday, July 19, 2006

TREE DOWN!

Well, Bloomfield experienced a crazy storm yesterday! Out of nowhere, the sky turned black, the winds kicked up and thunder and lightning went BERZERK! Our street was shut down last night and we even experienced a power outage. I am telling you about this second hand, because I was asleep when it all happened. (Hey! I've gotta keep up my energy to make sure I can bounce to maximum capacity in the Exersaucer!)

In the morning, the storm had subsided, the sun rose again, and the birds came back out. Mom and Dad went outside to find that our street had definitely been affected! Across the street, a 50 foot tree fell!!!

Luckily, it fell parallel to the street and miraculously, there were no cars in the two driveways that it crossed!

Our neighbors directly across the street from our house had a ton of tree limbs and branches down. Luckily, no major damage for them either.

And don't worry about our house. No tree damage. We just a little bit of a pull from the power lines getting tugged during the windstorm.

Nothing a few nails won't be able to fix!

No comments: