Okay, so my mom is a Yankees fan and my dad is a Cubs fan. But who says that a little man can't enjoy a great summer afternoon with free food, fun, and kid entertainment at Shea Stadium? No one? Good! Cause I did just that today. It was AWESOME! Mom and Dad left work early and we headed out to Flushing Meadows, Queens for O'Melveny & Myers' annual BBQ at Shea Stadium.
My "second-cousin" Ryan Vu, a.k.a., Ryan "The Filipino" Revilla came too! He's such a huge Mets fan, we figured someone who really appreciates Shea Stadium should be there. This is me trying to ascertain whether or not he really could pass for Vietnamese. Ahhhh, whatever, no one would even ask.

Here I am all decked out in my seersucker shorts and a polo. (Did anybody notice that Mom dressed me up in Yankee pin-stripes for our trip to Shea? Very nice Mom. Very nice.) I was cranky for most of the ride out to Shea - and then I fell asleep as soon as we pulled into the parking lot! No kidding! So, I slept for the first part of the event. Sadly, by the time we got there, my OMM baby-buddies: Grace, Jordan and lil' Mina were already heading out. Oh well! At least I got to see them.
"Cousin" Ryan and Dad chilling in the dugout after playing a rigorous game of catch in the outfield. Man! They both were SWEATY!
The best was getting to hang with Aunt Rocky! Coolio! Wish you were here too Uncle Brett!
I worked on my sitting skillz on the beautiful Shea infield. (Kudos to anyone who noticed my costume change (I'm a bit of a diva). I will note that the outfit that I am wearing in this picture is a little baseball outfit perfect for a hot day at the ballpark courtesy of Ba Ngoai! Thank you!)

In between his throwing marathons with Uncle Ry, Dad and I hung out and played. It was so much fun getting to hang out with Mom and Dad during the daytime on a weekday. Sigh.
I am concentrating really hard so as not to drool on Dad because I love him.
The Boyz!
Me and Rocky hanging out. There were a ton of kids here today! There was a clown who made crazy balloon hats and other things for the kids. Mom didn't get me a balloon though because she knew I would just suck on the latex. Not good for me. Maybe next year I'll be able to handle it ....

Yeah! Next year I can get a balloon. I can eat the food. I can play in the softball games. I can run around in the outfield. I can have a beer. . . okay, well, maybe I am getting a bit carried away.
Cousin Ry making a MONSTER CATCH in the outfield!
Dad throwing his heart out in the Met bullpen. (Man, is he gonna feel it tomorrow!)
Hanging right in front of home plate. Pretty darn cool! What a FUN DAY! I am glad I was there to see Cousin Ry living out his dream. If only we could do the same thing at Yankee Stadium or Wrigley!










3 comments:
Hi Ben!
It looks like you had a lot of fun at Shea Stadium! You're going to be quite the sports fan as you get older! It's going to be pretty difficult for you to choose the teams you will cheer for!
Love,
Heidi
So, Jeff has been telling me for ages what a crazy cute kid you are Ben. And now that I've met you in person, I'm going to have to agree with him. I loved your Shea Day outfit! I didn't actually pick up on the Yankee pinstripe thing, seeing as I'm pretty much just a football kinda gal. I just thought you looked cute and preppy!
Jordan hopes you can come over soon and play. Mina expresses no opinion at present since she seems to be sleeping her days away.
So sad - Shea Stadium, not Yankee Stadium. Just doing some high level infiltration right? At least you were representin' with the pinstripes!
Post a Comment