Monday, May 29, 2006

QUALITY TIME WITH ONG NGOAI



One of the coolest things about going to Buffalo was getting to spend some real quality time with Ong Ngoai. He may seem tough, but he is a softie when it comes to me. :-) He played with me, he made me laugh, he fed me yummy food, and he took care of me while Mom galavanted all around town with Di Ut! Thanks Ong Ngoai!!!



Don't forget, Ong Ngoai was in the South Vietnamese Air Force, so he definitely had high expectations of the physical drills I should be engaging in at this age in order to ensure that I would grow up to be tough like him!


But despite those military drills, (you should have seen me attempting to do squat thrusts!), Ong Ngoai also showed his soft side when he played with my Puppetos. (Thanks Uncle Hal, Uncle George and Aunt Kim! I love those guys!)


Ong Ngoai even let me play fortune teller with him. Can you tell that I am trying to read his palms? Too bad it didn't work, after all, I can't even read a book yet!


Ong Ngoai changed my stinky solid food diapers too. That is love!

Despite all of our busy-ness, we still took time to stop and smell the flowers. Ahhhh, things are so tranquil in the B-Lo.

Three generations of Ly/LyJordans. We all have the same size head, huh?


Me and the grandparents. I don't know why I looked so sad. Maybe because I didn't want to leave them!

One of my favorite activities - blowing raspberries - continued while I was in Buffalo.


Ong Ngoai feeding me. Good thing he didn't give me the other glass bottle on the coffee table!


A little man to man time.

Ong Ngoai and Mom bathing me in that tiny little basin!


Ong Ngoai fed me my first non-jar or cereal solid food. That banana just smelled so good! I had to have some!


And when the banana was gone - Ong Ngoai let me try to eat his fingers! I had such a great time with Ong Ngoai! I can't wait to see him again!!!




No comments: