
So, I got the green light from Dr. Rigtrup at my four month visit to start eating in two to four weeks. We decided to wait until our return from Lillie's birth in D.C. to start my new eating routine. All signs indicated that I was ready. I was grabbing at Mom and Dad's plate. I eyed them up when they were putting food in their mouths. And sometimes, they even caught me smacking my lips as they were eating!
So, on Friday May 12, I had my first taste of solid food. Coming from a Mom and Dad who love to eat, surely this would go smoothly. Dad fed me first. Aunt Julie had bought me my first box of organic rice cereal. Yummy! Dad started by putting some food on his fingertip and putting it in my mouth. (Don't worry, Mom made sure that the thoroughly scrubbed up before feeding me!) As you can see, I was pretty excited!

He quickly moved into the spoon upon finding me receptive. To prepare for the spoon, I also put on my bib. Note that Mom made sure I had a matching bib and spoon. What a nerd.
Then Mom took a shot at feeding me too! I was an equal opportunity eater.

Four tablespoons of food later, I got a big congratulations from Mom and Dad. I ate another four tablespoons this morning too. So far, so good. In a few days, I graduate to barley. Wish me luck!

2 comments:
Great job big guy! Just wait till they start the good stuff, my favs are squash and bananas. Yum!
Maybe next time I babysit Ben, I'll get to feed you! :-)
Post a Comment