TRAVELIN' MAN
As you can tell, Mom has been carting me all over Jersey for lunch dates, shopping trips and visits. I must admit, it's nice to get out of the house for me too. I like seeing new places, hearing new sounds and meeting new people. Today, we met Aunt Megan for lunch in Secaucus (Aunt Kimmie's hood). That was cool...well, it was cool once Mom got to the right little plaza. Yeah, we made a detour at the wrong parking lot. You see, the shopping area of Secaucus is a myriad of shopping plazas which aren't exactly walkable in 30 degree weather and we originally parked about half a mile away from where we were supposed to meet Aunt Meggers. I don't know whether Mom was suffering from her usual lack of any directional aptitude or whether she was suffering from the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder which she experiences whenever she returns to the site of the 2004 New Jersey Bar Examination. You would think she would over it given the fact that she passed the exam despite (a) not caring, (b) having a MAJOR toothache, (c) putting a fellow student in an ambulance during the lunch break, and (d) did I mention her not caring? Anyway, whatever, she still gets a tad nauseated when she gets into the general Secaucus vicinity and poor me, I paid the price today... I digress.
After lunching with Aunt Megan, Mom jetted us down to lovely Bayonne to stop in and visit with Nonna. Mom and Dad used to live in Nonna's building before they bought the house in Bloomfield. Funny, I felt very comfortable in Nonna's home, almost as though I had been there before ... ha! I guess I have been there before. Mom and Dad lived there until just this past September. Josie and Tulio stopped by too. It was really great. Mom chilled and had coffee and caught up with all the latest Bayonne gossip - new signs in Bayonne. Then, Nonna rocked me to sleep. I had such a great time there.
Finally, before heading home, we went to the car dealership to get the oil changed and the tires rotated. Hey, everything that I do can't be glamorous. There are some very pedestrian aspects of being at home every day that I must attend to, even though I am just an infant. Anyway, these were very important tasks as the automobile maintenance is in anticipation of my very first road trip! On Saturday, the LyJordans are heading down to the Bethesda, Maryland to visit Cousin Merin and Aunt Julie and Uncle John. I am sooooo excited! I haven't seen Aunt and Uncle J. since I was born! And I have never met Cousin Merin, but I am pretty sure we are going to be great buddies! I'll give you the scoop on how well behaved I am once we return. Wish me luck! Mom has gotten plenty of Laurie Berkner and Raffi loaded up for the trip. Oh yeah, and my new favorites, The Backyardigans! "I'm Doing the Yeti Stomp"
Anyway, here are some pictures of me in my "transit mode" - as you can see, traveling in the car seat makes me quite contemplative. Deep thoughts by Lil' Ben. Peace out.



No comments:
Post a Comment