Friday, June 20, 2008

MASTER OF THE AIRWAYS

I have been traveling soooooo much lately that I have the whole schlep to the airport routine down pat. My favorite part of flying is all of the different modes of transportation that I am exposed to. First stop, car ride to airport.

Next stop - bus ride. This may be my favorite part of the trip (unless there is a monorail involved).

I love being on the bus. On our return trip, I serenaded the entire bus to a "Wheels on the Bus" round, over and over and over again.

Another great thing about traveling is all the junk that I get to eat. No more organic beans for me! No way! At the airport, much to Dad's chagrin, we ate some Washington D.C. pizza en route to the home of the best deep dish pizza.

I ate it with a critical eye examining the difference between airport Sbarro's and Gino's East.

Couldn't tell with just one piece. How about this one? (One of my favorite things to say now is "How about ...?" Mom thinks it's pretty hysterical. Her response is always "How about .... No?")

I don't know about how it stacks up to Lou Malnati's but I found this National Airport pizza to be delicious!

No pics from the airplane ride. But here I am with one of my other favorite modes of transportation on these trips - Dad's shoulders. How great is he? (Excuse my plumber's crack.) After this trip to Chicago, I only have two more airplane trips to go before the end of the summer. MAN! This has been one heck of a busy traveling season. I'm looking forward to a little downtime in September!

No comments: