Thursday, June 19, 2008

GOOD TIMES WITH GRAMMA LO

No! Not those kind of Good Times!

While I was out in Chicago, I got to get my Q.T. in with Gramma Lo. Luckily, we'd just seen here in February when she visited us in Arlington (remember my stint as a bellhop?) so I was excited to see her again and greeted her with a raucous "HI GRAMMA LO!!!!" as I burst out of the bedroom first thing in the morning.

We did lots of fun things together all around Chicago's North Shore. Thank goodness the weather held up for our visit to one of Gramma Lo's favorite places - the Botanic Garden.

She took me to see this amazing model train exhibit! (I'll have more pics of it later) If you know me, you know how I love trains and man was this awesome.


As if the garden and the trains weren't enough - we also spent a great time at the Kohl's Children's Museum in Northbrook. Lillie and Merin, we need to get a place like this in Bethesda! It totally rocked! (More pictures of that to come as well).

All of our fun wasn't while we were out and about. I got some quality time with G. Lo at her condo as well. She had Playdoh for me. We colored. I played with the awesome cars she got me.

She even watched me one night while Mom and Dad were out for a wild and crazy night out on the town in Chicago that involved ... NPR? And some old dude that Mom is crazy for named Carl Kassell??? Whatever floats your boat Mom and Dad. I'm glad you had a good time cause I had a great time with Gramma Lo! (with assistance from Aunt Linda, Aunt Gretchen, and Cousins Avery and Alexa!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ben, tell your Mom that I love Carl too! (Also tell her that Carl lives in DC with his wife and I think it is weird that both she and Carl had to go to Chicago to meet, couldn't they do that on their home turf? I mean there are plenty on Au Bon Pain's for them to meet up at!)
~your cuz, Donna