Tuesday, October 23, 2007

MOUNT VERNON ADVENTURE

We went to Mount Vernon during Mom and Dad's week off. It was pretty cool. It was a nice estate and I mostly explored nature as opposed to history.

I started off walking all around the estate and exploring the gardens, the servants quarters, etc. I love walking around!

Mom tried to get in a good photo opp but I was distracted by the sprawling estate that awaited me!

Mom and Dad gave me a pretty long leash.

So, I eased on down, eased on down the road!

Then I came to the end of the path.

And after all that walking, I decided to take a break.

Reeeeee-laxing!

Oh yeah. Did I mention that I saw a SNAKE!!! Just like my Cousin Cam!

After the snake sighting, Mom decided I should take a drink of water from the water fountain . . .

And then into the stroller for me. No more walkin' around.

At first I was happy chilling in the stroller.

I continued my nature quest. I totally get why they call it Fall (cause of the falling leaves Samson!)

But then I realized that I had lost my freedom!

I was NOT HAPPY!!!

Ahhhh! I hate being cooped up!!!!


So Dad set me free and we looked at the animals in George Washington's paddock.

Seeing the chickens made me hungry --- for some chicken. Sorry PETA!

I discovered that the Food Court at Mount Vernon wasn't exactly gourmet cuisine.

But I tried to fake it anyway. Didn't want to offend Martha.

We wrapped up our trip shortly afterwards. It was a pretty great day though. Maybe next time you can actually go on some of the tours Mom and Dad! SORRY!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are sure taking in all the great sites in DC! I'm glad you, mom and dad are having so much fun in the new town!
Love,
Heidi

Samson and Grace said...

Ohhh...THat's why it's called FALL....falling leaves? That makes sense Cuz...thanks for clueing me in!
I miss you ~
Sammy