One of our favorite places to go while we were in San Jose was Grand Century - a Vietnamese Mall where Mom could get fresh squeezed sugar cane juice and Dad could get mango slurpees. Delicious! I couldn't get enough of either of those drinks! I also loved soy bean milk. YUMMY! But, the highlight of visiting this mall was when Dad took me to one of the five hundred jewelry stores in the mall (my peeps love their bling bling!) to get me a balloon. The dude in the jewelry store - no English. My dad - no Vietnamese. Especially when it comes to saying "balloon". And yet, somehow, he did it! Thanks Dad!

And this is us in the Japanese Friendship Garden near my Grandparents' old house. Mom and Di Ut used to come out here for lots and lots of photo shoots in their youth - so they took me out there to continue the tradition. You can see what I thought about that. There will be more pics from the Japanese Gardens later.
No comments:
Post a Comment