SLEDDING!!!

What better way to spend the holidays in Buffalo than a little time on the SAME SLED that my mom and Di Ut used in their youth? Yup. That sled even still has the 3407 Glenbrook, Lansing, Michigan address on it. DUDE!!! You moved out of that house in 1983! That's 24 years ago!!! This baby is an antique. Meet me at Antique Roadshow for some cash!
But seriously, with 'rents from Buffalo and Chicago, I knew that the Art of Sledding was in my blood.

I tried to talk Di Ut to bring Sam Bone with me to Ellicott Creek Park. But she explained to me that Sammy gets snow like this ten months out of the year, so it wasn't a big deal to him. Oh yeah, and ....
that Sleepy Head had other plans. Next time Di Ut!
(F.Y.I. - There is a story about Di Ut and Popples related to Ellicott Creek Park and sledding. But I am not in a position to divulge it. That being said, I am sure that she would tell you about it if you asked her Aunt Heidi. Might be a good *WELCOME BACK TO WORK AUNT DOTTY story.)

In the meantime, ... I was READY! Sorry Sammy. Someday the nineteen months between us won't seem like such a big deal. (Like next year when you weigh more than me you 20 lb sack of organic apple sauce! Way to go with all the big boy food!! Sounds like good news for your diaper.)

Anyway, I walked down the Boulevard to Ellicott Creek Park with Ong Ba Ngoai.
I'll admit. I was a little nervous at first. Even if I already have been on a sled before. It was never downhill like this!!!
Dad was the first to take me down the hill.
Before I knew it, everyone wanted to get in on the act. One of the few "Entire LyJordan" action pictures.
Me and Ong Ngoai. A little yee-hawww action! We went down that hill FAST!
I still can't believe even Ba Ngoai took me down the hill! She must really love me.
Oh, before you get any ideas of how wild and crazy the ride was, here is a picture representing the grade of the hill. Um, yeah. It was still exciting for me though! I wouldn't even be at the bottom of the hill before I started yelling loudly "MORE! MORE! MORE!"
MAN! I LOVED IT!!!
WHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*BTW - Tomorrow is Di Ut's first day back from maternity leave. Sammy is in GREAT HANDS with Aunt Jeanine. But a few shout outs to him wouldn't hurt! You'll have a GREAT TIME BUDDY!!!!





2 comments:
It looks like you had a lot of fun sledding! Maybe in a few years you can brave the Chestnut Ridge Hills by my house! Thanks for giving me a suggestion about a story from Aunt Dotty and a Popple - we love to share stories and I can't wait to hear this one!
Have a great weekend!
Love,
Aunt Heidi
thanks for the sledding tutorial cuz. HEY! I can't wait to be old enough to join you next year!
thanks for the shout out- daycare was fun!
love,
Sambone
Post a Comment