A great thing about this past holiday was all of the quality time that I got to spend with Ong Ba Ngoai - right on the heels of a super visit for my birthday at the beginning of the month. It was pretty awesome for everyone involved.
.jpg)
Mom and Dad got to sleep in every morning while Ong Ba Ngoai took awesome care of me - waking up when I woke up, feeding me breakfast, playing with me, reading with me, and of course, the requisite photo shoots with Ba Ngoai (who took most of the pictures you see on this blog - THANKS BA NGOAI!) Here's a few shots highlighting our Q.T.
.jpg)
Of course, grandparents = spoiling. So, not only did I get a super gifts from them to wear and play with, I also got a nice contribution to my college savings fund. Thanks for my Christmakah present Ong Ba Ngoai! My 529 says THANK YOU too! Accounting for inflation, this should be enough to buy a textbook and an eraser at the Cornell Book Store in the year 2023. (Sadly, my joke may actually be true!)
Here is Ong Ngoai showing me the awesome powerpoint presentation that he sent out as a holiday greeting to all of his friends. My favorite were all of the puppies and kittens on floating onto Santa's lap. (????!!!???)
I showed Ong Ngoai my favorite book to read in the car on my commute into school. Thanks again Cousins Lillie and Merin. This book definitely keeps me entertained!
Here we are reading a more conventional book (and one of my favorites!) Jamberry. Um, I guess I am just more familiar with Jewish customs and holidays, but my understanding of Christmas is that the kid supposed to get to sit in a guy dressed up like Santa's lap, so, what's up with this?
I just loved goofing around with Ong Ngoai. He made me laugh and laugh (while everyone else ate all the cookies.)
.jpg)
Poor Ba Ngoai. One of the downfalls of being such a great photographer is that you don't end up in any pictures. Here is one of the rare sightings of Ba Ngoai in front of the camera (while I was working on my meanest "yo-yo-yo" walks.)
.jpg)
She was so busy taking pictures, cooking food, changing my diaper, cleaning the house, wrapping presents, fixing Mom's pants, and just generally taking care of all of us that she didn't get in too many pictures with me.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU DID BA NGOAI!
.jpg)
Of course, since we got them a new camera for Christmas, I would imagine it is going to be a lot more of the same photo-taking obsession in the future. Good times.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment