Tuesday, January 02, 2007

IS THIS CHRISTMAS OR TET?

So, loyal readers of this blog will know that any visit with Ba Ngoai comes with the mandatory photo shoots. I am not kidding you folks, this picture was taken with an hour of my arrival in Tonawanda!

Mom and Dad went to Wegmans and left me to be posed under the Christmas tree in this little China Boy outfit. Dude! I am Vietnamese and Jewish and I'm sitting under a Christmas tree. What is wrong with this picture? (though I must admit, the outfit looks pretty darned cute on me!)

At least Ong Ngoai fed me once I got out of my fancy outfit and back in my Cornell gear.

Go Big Red!

After a while though, I came to enjoy hanging out under the Christmas tree. After all, I had a big old stockin' there and every stuffed animal that Ba Ngoai could rustle up was placed under the tree as well.

Did I mention that there were also a lot of presents under the tree which had BOWS? Aunt Meggers can attest to the fact that I love me my bows!

Of course, with the good holiday gear comes the bad holiday gear. Um, Ba Ngoai, that Christmas sweater is kind of cute, but honestly, those Christmas socks are real scary.

AHHHH!!!! Seriously Ba Ngoai. SCARY!!! The red and green stripes are already an issue. Then the fact that the toes are separated into red and green toes. But the clincher is the little jingle bell attached to each big toe! YIKES!!!!


Phew. Hanging out with Ong Ngoai on the couch is much better.

No comments: