Tuesday, February 12, 2008

GOOD CITIZEN!


I woke up early this morning so that I could head to polls to vote in the primaries in Virginia.

Cousin Samson had told me what a great time he had voting in New York on Super Tuesday last week. He sure got up close and personal in that voting booth!

I didn't get inside of our voting booth - it was just a touch screen behind a Wizard of Oz-like mini-curtain like Sammy. BUT .... I was in for a real treat anyway. First of all, our voting precinct was in the Rosslyn Fire House !!!! FIRE TRUCKS! HOW COOL???!!!???

Have I mentioned that I am really into fire trucks right now?

Here's my favorite book, aptly entitled "Fire Truck". (Of course, I am still quite taken with "Where the Wild Things Are" (which I usually refer to as "Wild Things") and "The Little Engine That Could".)

I got a special guided tour of the inside of the ambulance from one of the friendly firemen. I referred to the gurney as "Bed! Sleeping! Shhhhhh!" which cracked the fireman up. He told me that he liked to call it the "Boo-boo Bed". Hahaha. Cute.

AND - there was an actual emergency while we were there. (Hopefully it was just a false alarm) But it was awesome to see all of the firemen rush around, hop into their boots and jackets and tear out of the fire house! I stood there and just hollered "Ohhhh boyyyyyy!!!!"

Voting is really cool. I am kind of sad that we'll be voting in a different district in November for the general election. Oh, please please please. Let our new voting precinct be a puppy farm in Montgomery County!

No comments: