Sunday, June 10, 2007

BENNY HAS TWO UNCLES!

So, Mom was supposed to be in Vermont on Sunday, but luckily, her trip was cancelled! HOORAH! So, we rang up Uncle Bao and Uncle Steve and we headed up to the Bronx Zoo. I was completely enamoured with the wallaby (not).

But I did have fun pretending to be a prairie dog (once I got through the claustrophobia of climbing up those little tunnels).



I was pretty excited to get to hang with them. It has been way tooo long!

I talked Uncle Bao into getting me out of the stroller. Ha ha!

He didn't realize that now that I am a mobile 18 month old, that means a lot of hunching over to keep up with me! That's kind of tough when you're one of the tallest Vietnamese guys my mom knows.

I did my best to ignore all of their efforts at looking at the caged "wildlife" - because honestly, I was just wayyyyy more interested in the other natural "wildlife" at the Zoo....the other kids!

Eventually though I felt bad for them because they were so persistent with their desire to educate me, so I succumbed and gave a glance through the foliage (just to appease them). After all, even though my admission was still free (under 2 ROCKS!), they all still had to pay to get in.

Wow. A lemur. Cool guys. Check out that kid throwing a tantrum over by the baboons though!! (Aunt G-Doll is very familiar with my disdain for tantrum-y kids.)

Here I am with "the guys" - Uncle Bao carrying me, Dad with our stroller, and Uncle Steve loitering around a random stranger's stroller just so that he wouldn't feel left out of the "kid klub." Dude, that's a little weird. (J/K!!!)


More pics of Dad and my first trip ever to the Bronx Zoo later. Let's just say this - it was a good day and we had a fun time with Uncle Bao and Steve! (p.s. Uncle Bao and Uncle Steve - my eyes were shut before we even pulled out of the parking lot!)

No comments: