GROWING UP - MORE THAN 16 MONTHS!
I went to the doctor for my sixteen month check-up last Thursday. Ooops! I was supposed to come in at 15 months. Way to go Mom. Anyway, here are my important digits - 31 inches tall! 24 lbs 5.8 ozs! WooowZahs!
Mom and Dad also went in for a parent-teacher conference on Wednesday with Miss Erin and Miss Teresa. I got a glowing report card from them. Good verbal skills, good physical development. I am doing a good job of feeding myself. (See in next post). I am the only kid in my 12 - 18 month old class who is full-on sippy cup with no bottle at all. Dude. Mom and Dad totally broke me of that before I was even a year old! I am good at both independent play and at playing with others - although sharing is definitely a skill I need to continue to work on.
Just as a little f.y.i. - some of the words in my vocabulary right now are: Down (as in, I am going to sit DOWN on your lap by backing my booty up into the sit down position so you can read me a book), No (in a very cute and not annoying way...yet), Daddy, Mama, Wheeeeeee! (usually used when I am having a lot of fun - getting pulled in the wagon, moving at a fast clip in my stroller, pushing a car or train around on the floor, or other activity which I find especially fun and exciting!), More, Ball, Wasdas? (What's that?), Wasdiss? (What's this?), Idonwanit (which Mom and Dad think is "I don't want it" and is usually accompanied by a shake of the head), Uh-oh, Baby, La-la-la-la, Bye-bye, Hi (two words especially popular when I hold a cell phone, regular telephone courtesy of Rita from the parking garage, Blackberry, or remote control up to my ear), Eye, Doo-doo, Night, Light (I can point to a light to when I say it), La-Na-Na (otherwise known to most of America as Banana), and two words courtesy of Dad - MINE and WHINY (which is Dad's nickname for me whenever appropriate). I am good at following directions even if I can't actually say them. For instance, I know, and can touch on command, the following body parts - Eye, Nose, Ear, Head, Belly. I also understand when Mom says "Let's go upstairs Ben". I follow her and she holds one of my hands as I walk up the stairs to my bedroom for our bedtime ritual.

One of my favorite new skills is climbing.

I love climbing up the stairs, climbing onto Mom and Dad's bed all by myself!, climbing on the playground at the parks (whether the park by our house or the park near my school with my classmates - I am known for my climbing and sliding prowess!), and, well, pretty much climbing on ANYTHING!

Mom and Dad find me standing on all sorts of things!

Here I am climbing the front steps of our house which is an awesome skill for me giving everyone a little more independence.
I know! I'm growing up fast!

1 comment:
You ARE growing up fast! I can't wait to see you next month....I am sure there will be more to celebrate, besides all of these great accomplishments. Do you think we have the BIG bowl of yogurt to thank for all of your energy!?
Post a Comment